Why We Like The SingleSpeed Hitch Rack
Yakima designed the SingleSpeed Hitch Rack for cyclists regularly carrying only a single bike, whether they’re moving across the country or simply driving to the trail head to crush miles of technical singletrack. Inspired by the larger HoldUp in design, the SingleSpeed features a StrongArm hook that clamps securely over your front wheel and tire—all without contacting your carbon frame or scratching precious paint. The rear strap ratchets in place to hold down the rear wheel, so it doesn’t have the ability to shift or migrate around during transport.
Making versatility a key selling point, the SingleSpeed carries a large range of bikes, from 20-inch kids bikes all the way to gargantuan 29ers. Another cool feature is the ability to carry bikes with tires up to 4.8 inches wide, meaning it’ll secure everything from skinny road tires up to monstrous fat bike tires. It only weights 20 pounds, making it incredibly easy to take on and off, plus the wheel cup folds up when it’s not in use to minimize the overall footprint on the back of your vehicle while parking and driving around the city.
- Streamlined bike carrier for a single bike
- Attaches to both 1.25 and 2-inch hitch receivers
- Works with 20 to 29 in wheels, tires up to 5 in wide
- StrongArm hook secures front wheel down without movement
- Won’t contact frame, making it suitable for carbon bikes
- SKS bike lock for security, SpeedKnob locks rack itself
- Wheel cup compactly folds up when it’s not being used
- Only weighs 20 lb for easy removal and installation
- Bike Capacity: 1
- Compatibility: fits both 1.25 and 2 in hitch receivers, 20 – 29in wheels, tires up to 4.8in wide
- Locks Included: yes, SKS lock for bike security, SpeedKnob locks rack to hitch receiver
- Part Number: 8002481
- Claimed Weight: 20.8lb
- Manufacturer Warranty: lifetime
There are no reviews yet.